Tuesday, September 22, 2015

packing French style and the Nazi gold train update

Ok, this is from my favorite Frenchie blogger who writes a post about being French and here she includes the packing thing - 
  1. Always wear matching underwear. Just do it for you, for the confidence boost it will give you. Can you also please avoid granny pants and bright colours? You will feel all the better for it. 
  2. Keep your wardrobe simple. No need to overdo it. This means that if you don’t know what to wear, how about a classic white shirt or T-shirt and some dark trousers or a pencil skirt? Or a black dress maybe. I told you: simple 

     she's got an attitude ok and she's French but she makes sense.
  3. I'm packing and trying to keep it simple for three countries, three climates and all fitting in one roller bag.  
  4. But let's go to an update on the train with Nazi 'gold' in Poland that's supposedly buried in a tunnel for more than 70 years that I posted about previously. Here the two men, who are claiming a %10 finders fee, are showing the infra-red photography of the location. Looks like a sonogram to me, what do you think? Below, outlined in red, is the spot which they claim points to the trains buried location. 
    The latest news is from a UK newspaper says, "The treasure hunters who found the Nazi gold train today claimed for the first time that the long-lost £250million Amber Room could be inside.
  5. Piotr Koper and Andreas Richter discovered the train close to the small town of Walbrzych in south-west Poland, after a German man revealed its location on his deathbed.
    It is thought be laden with gold, looted paintings and one noted author went as far to claim that it contrained the Amber Room of the Russian Czars which was looted from a Russian palace by Nazi troops in 1941." So now it seems a claim has surfaced that the fabled lost Amber Room is in the train. 



Cara - Tuesday

5 comments:

  1. Wow. This is too good to be true. And, no, I'm not talking about your choice of underwear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara, the packing advice comes just in time for Bouchercon!!

    And the update is intriguing. Tell as more as soon as you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound fascinating, and I'd love to be updated, too. But I think I failed my Rorschach test with that sonogram. I really can't tell you what it reminded me of ...

    I try to travel light, so I always have a ruthless packing list, including what I'm going to wear each day, and build in washing days if I'm going to be away more than a week or so. And I loved the matching underwear comment. I do, and yes, it is just for my own satisfaction :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Zoë, for giving me a couple of ideas on subjects to inquire about when I'm honored to interview you and Allan Guthrie at Bouchercon as Raleigh's International Guests of Honor. :)

      Delete
  4. I think I'll stick with the matching underwear, but in amber of course.

    ReplyDelete